Repair and Delivery times for MacBook Pros

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ralphj, Dec 22, 2011.

1. ralphj macrumors newbie

So in sent my MacBook Pro in for a repair on the 18th of December, according to the online tracker, the repair is complete, but the item must be shipped to my local apple store. It has said this for two days. How soon should I expect my computer back.

And have any of you had issues w. your computers killing chargers, vibrating when plugged in, non functioning displays, or clicking hard drives.

- A frustrated customer :/

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

There's no need to be frustrated. Apple is an awesome company that usually handles things like this in a timely manner. If you are concerned I recommend you call your Apple store to see what's going on.

3. ralphj thread starter macrumors newbie

I have, and they keep telling me to check back the following day. And I love apple. I've been a longtime user. My first computer was a red iMac, i spent my elementary years on an iBook G4, my high school years on a Black Macbook, and have owned three ipods, and the first generation ipad (which I have resorted to using for all computing now). I guess I'm just antsy because this is the first time I have ever needed a repair done, and I'm worried my computer wont be back in time for me to go back to school :/

4. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

That doesn't seem very long depending on the type of repair and assuming that shipping may be slower this close to Christmas.

The quickest Apple repair for me was three days door-to-door. Blew My Mind!

5. ralphj thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I just expected quicker considering the product shipped to the repair center in one day, so I assumed the return time would be the same...

It must be a long route from the depot, anyone know where the service depots are located?

Additional Info:

Currently, My Repair Status says:

Step 3 Return

December 22, 2011: Product shipped to Apple Store
    Store Address:
    Apple Store Lenox Square
    3393 Peachtree Rd, NE, STE 4020
    Atlanta,Georgia ,30326
    United States

6. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

Don't fret, it will probably be there tomorrow.
    The longest I've ever waited is 3 days.

7. ralphj, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011

ralphj thread starter macrumors newbie

You were right! An update for anyone who wants to know, Apple had my computer shipped to the store by noon. They didn't replace the display, but I'm not complaining as its working to par as it should be. Thanks for all the feedback guys, look forward to being more active in these forums. :D

Edit: Computer has killed yet another charger. At this point, it's become a hindrance to me in my work, I am unamused. -_-