Repair Cost on a Alu Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Chandler Adaway, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Chandler Adaway macrumors 6502a

Chandler Adaway

This computer is less than a month old.
    Basically, I leave to go to Mardi Gras, and when I get home, the lid won't shut all the way, and there's a dent on the side.

Basically, I would need a whole new top part of the Macbook. The screen is fine I believe, no noticeable damage.

Any ideas how much this would cost?

And maybe a website that I can see that has a list of how much it would cost to fix?

The nearest Apple store is an hour and a half away.

Thanks for the quick replies.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Whose a$$ do you think is going to get kicked?

4. aluminumapple macrumors regular

no websites to fix it, only apple. most likely around 300$ like the other guy.

5. Chandler Adaway thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chandler Adaway

Alright.
    $400 is good.

I guess that doesn't include a new hinge since it won't close all the way though.

I guess I'll call Apple and send it in for a repair. Not looking forward to this.

The story that I heard, and I know, it sounds ridiculous and I'll explain if needed, but a duck fell off the table, my dad lost his balance on a sandal while he was walking past the table, he went down and put all of his weight (240lbs) on the computer with his palm and then it tumbled to the floor.
    I'm not sure what the duck has to do with anything, but that's the story I heard.

6. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Similar repair on an Air is $400.

Reasons like this one is why I have our laptops covered with State Farm. They cover anything.

7. nmonti macrumors member

It would probably be anywhere from $400-$600 dollars.

8. aluminumapple macrumors regular

that is one evil duck.

9. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

I'm not sure which is more concerning; that there was a duck on the table, or that a 17 stone man fell onto your computer :D

Sounds like your casing will have been misaligned at the least, but a safe bet would be that you're looking at £200 ($320+) for repair and replace.