Repair Disk on BOOTCAMP Volume?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ivsetiaw, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ivsetiaw macrumors newbie

Anyone knows how to verify and repair bootcamp volume? I have tried using disk utility from inside macosx and from installation disk, but the options are greyed out... :(

2. aeneid macrumors member

What do you mean by repair? As in fix the windows volume because something has happened? You might consider putting in the Windows install disk and booting into the bootcamp volume and running the cd repairer. The os x disk utility won't help if it's a windows volume error of some kind. Please provide some more info on what your problem is exactly. Thanks!

Cheers

3. ivsetiaw thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry if it is not too clear for you. I just want to check my hard disk if there is a bad sector. Disk utility will not allow me to do this somehow...

If I use scan disk utility provided from Windows, is it perfectly fine? I heard somewhere that there is an issue with it, such as that it will run automatically in every windows boot.

4. aeneid macrumors member

Since I don't know what windows OS you are using I've provided the xp disk utility to use to check for bad sectors:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

read through it and let me know if that's what you are looking for. But if you need it for windows 7 or vista, just look on their site. And no I don't believe there should be any issues. I've never heard of that. Might be wrong, but I doubt it.

Cheers

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I've run CHKDSK /F on my Boot Camp partitions without issue.

However I wouldn't try this without a good verified backup.

B