repair experience, LIVE

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by clevin, May 7, 2007.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

OK, this is my MB's second trip to apple, it was bought last year July, in Oct, it was sent back for RSS (for better or worse, hope you don't know the meaning of this).

this time, for two problems:
    1. screen flickering
    2. computer fail to detect the removal of earphone, my guess is the contact surface in the earphone jack is failing.

I will report what I got from applecare in this post, update whenever I get progress.

I called applecare just now, a lady took my case, the problem with this communication is:
    1. I have to wait for 15 minutes (thank god i brought my phone charger with me today, otherwise I might just give up) for her to get a dispatch number!
    2. She seriously told me "don't forget to package your power adapter in the box!", then I had to told her, last time I sent it back, the rep told me NOT to send power adapter. She then backed down.

2. kindkind macrumors newbie

Hey there man, I am sorry to hear about your repair woes. I myself have a g5 that has the extended applecare and after the second year it started to shut off under heavy video load. Apple replaced the vid card and i got it back, after a week the same shut downs started to happen. I took it back and they replaced the powersupply and the 2.3 dual processor.

The computer works without shutting down, thankfully. I guess that they have the option of just replacing your computer. I wonder at what stage they will do that... I bet that if they cant fix yours right you could get a new one but you may have to complain. That is what i am wondering here....How to get apple to just replace the unit. In your case i would say it might be possible if you have more problems after this repair....in my case, i have to say I wonder if some of the components in my comp are damaged, it makes a residual high pitched oscillator sound out the headphone out, and the dvd drive is very clunky when it scans. Randomly it wont be able to read a disc. This seems like difficult problems for apple to diagnose, and although minor, some data it just cannot read that other macs i have can do fine....I wonder if they will take these issues on.....
    Any comments on how we can try and make sure apple treats us in the best possible way?

3. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

empty box was received today, and i spent two hours to transfer my data to an external HDD, tried my best clearing the private data on my MB, switched back the original 512MB RAM, packed the MB in the box, called DHL, a nice lady arranged a pick up for me tomorrow.

4. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

shipped yesterday afternoon to memphis TN, they received it today, the status now is on hold
    [​IMG]

5. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

finally. it was sent back to me.
    they did the repair on Tues, and the online status was not updated until friday morning, so I missed friday's delivery, so, in total, I have been 20 days without the MB. Hopefully apple can do better in other cases.
    I will post back about the detail of the repair, Im still waiting for re-scheduled delivery now.

date, 5/29/2007
    [​IMG]

now, would somebody plz explain to me what they replaced?
    [​IMG]