Repair iPod touch 4th generation screen (UK)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by OliverOSX93, Jul 9, 2011.

1. OliverOSX93 macrumors regular

My sister dropped her iPod touch and she has shown very little interest in it. so I've decided to fix it up and give it to my girlfriend (its been at my house a month and my sister hasn't even asked me to fix it let alone give it back.)

what sort of costs am I looking at here and how hard would you say it is to replace the screen.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I think you would probably have to send it away to get it fixed. If it's cracked, you'll have to have both the glass and LCD replaced since they are fused together. I'd take it to an apple store, and they will probably swap you a new one for about half the original cost. You may be able to find somewhere that will fix it online though.

3. bizzle macrumors 6502a

It's a huge pain in the ass. Just take it to an Apple store and pay for out of warranty replacement. Pricing is here. The fact that you had to post here asking for advice on how to do it shows you probably aren't capable of actually doing it.

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/prices/#uk

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's an easy job. Parts are readily available on eBay etc and you can either bake the iPod in the oven or use a decent hair drier to help with the glue.