Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redneon

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
I have a Mac formatted iPod and I use MacDrive to use it with iTunes in Windows.

The problem is, the last time I disconnected my iPod from my system, I did it without ejecting the iPod first. Now, when I connect my iPod to my Windows machine I get a message from MacDrive saying that my iPod is set to read-only mode because I didn't eject it and the only way to change this is to verify and/or repair the disk in OS X. This wouldn't be an issue if I had my Mac with me but I wont have it for two weeks and I have quite a bit of stuff I want to put on my iPod.

Does anyone have a solution for me?

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
Take it to an Apple Retail Store, plug it into a Mac there and do it. Other than that, Windows is pretty much useless because it doesn't know what to do with an HFS+ file system.

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
1. why dont you format it for windows?
2. how did you get it formated to mac, if you dont have a mac? (or do you)

redneon

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
1. why dont you format it for windows?
2. how did you get it formated to mac, if you dont have a mac? (or do you)

I do have a Mac. It's at my house, but I'm on holiday for two weeks with access only to a Windows machine.

Windows does understand HFS+ with MacDrive. It adds HFS+ file system support into the kernel.

EDIT: I've just had a thought. Would it be possible to back everything on my iPod up to my PC, format my iPod for Windows and then copy it all back? If so, how could I do this? It's a 30gb video iPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.