Repair my Repair Permissions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Unconsoled, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Unconsoled macrumors regular

I have been having some issues with Safari starting out fast and then when certain sites open it slows down a ton. Someone last night said to repair permissions as one of the possible solutions. Well when I try that it says "repairing permissions:Estimated Time remaining less than 1 minute." Problem is it gets hung up there and doesn't move.

Any thoughts?

2. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

How long have you left it like that? Leopard's repair permissions is slower than Tiger's, which is a bug that Apple hasn't fixed yet (10.5.3 hopefully), and hangs at "less than a minute remaining" for a little while before actually repairing your permissions. If you try leaving that for a while, it'll eventually do it. Mine takes about 5 minutes or so to repair permissions. Some people's take as long as 10 or so. If you've waited much, much longer than that and it still won't work, get back to us.

3. Unconsoled thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I got impatient after about 5 minutes and stopped it. I have it running now so I will wait it out. Hope it solves my Safari problem. I have reset it and tried Firefox as well. Always slows down after a few minutes.

4. Unconsoled thread starter macrumors regular

IT WORKED!! Well at least the repair permissions part. Man that takes a long time. Thanks for your help! Now let's see if it helps my Safari problem.