repair or replacement question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rust.puppet, Sep 27, 2011.

1. rust.puppet macrumors regular

my late 09 MBP 13" had some sort of motherboard failure about a month ago and isn't covered under apple care or anything but I was wondering if they would charge me for repairs because obviously it was faulty and/or how much would it cost? I understand its not insured or anything but I'm left with a bad taste in my mouth because I really love the computer and 1300$ isn't what I think less than 2 years of use is worth. it sucks to be honest. any ideas of how to talk them into it would be great I'm getting desperate and I'm quite frankly broke with 300$ tops to put into repairs and I'm sure it will be more.

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

What exactly is your question? Is it "I'm out of warranty, so will Apple repair my laptop for free" ... if so, unfortunately the answer is most likely no.

3. wpotere Guest

Why wouldn't a logic board failure be covered by Apple Care? Did you spill something on it or do you not have Apple Care?

If you don't have warranty then you are out of luck and will have to pay for it. Tis the reason that I recommend Apple Care.