Repair permissions in iOS?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jpipitone, Feb 13, 2011.

1. jpipitone macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ive noticed after installing apps, a few of them will quit themselves on their own.

Is there a quick and easy way to repair file system permissions should they get out of whack, similar to rom manager on the android OS, or disk utility on mac OS?

Is this even necessary?

I Know there's a way to do this via command line, but I'm wondering if there's an app in cydia that will accomplish the same thing.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There is nothing similar to Mac OS X's Disk Utility. It gets its permissions from a Installer recipt and those don't exist on iOS. iOS should never need to have its permissions fixed, unless you change them manually.

3. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

Not sure if it will help with the apps you have problems with, but in SBSettings, you can hit the More button and under system options is a button that says "Fix User Dir Permissions". It has helped me with Safari not ever remembering passwords or log in state (though it still is not great) and the text box that opens mentioned email and a couple of other things, so who knows.

4. jpipitone thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Nice thanks for the feedback.