Repair Permissions "Warnings" Issue -

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Bazzy, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Bazzy macrumors regular

Hi All,

I have had a few probs lately with some spinning beach balls & a few Kernel Panics. Today, I did a Repair Permissions (as that is what most advise doing first when dealing with most issues) & the RP report found a bunch of errors (all seemed to be Java ones) that it stated as repaired.

However, there were three others that are different and the first was:

ACL found but not expected on "private/etc/apache2/users".
    Repaired "private/etc/apache2/users".

Is this now OK? The second & third are "Warning" ones which has a novice like me very concerned as I do not know what they mean/are or what risk they pose/damage that they might be doing - they are:

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/readconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/writeconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Please can someone tell me what this means, how bad it is & how it can be fixed easily by a novice? I have also run an app called "Clean My Mac".

Many Thanks,

Bazzy!

2. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

3. Bazzy thread starter macrumors regular

Hi,

Many thanks for the info - being the computer language novice that I am, I got got a little worried there when reading the word "Warning"! I love my UMBP & am very attached to it!

Bazzy!