Repair Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sl33t, Nov 22, 2011.

1. sl33t macrumors regular

Ok, so I have an iTouch 2nd gen 8 gig with a broken lcd and digitizer. I am going to attempt to fix it and then sell that and my other 2nd gen touch on eBay. I know the best place to buy parts would probably be ifixit but they are pretty expensive and I don't want to put more many into this than I will get selling it. So i did some research and found these parts: lcdhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XT1CJE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A1M0J6UC9S4O6R

digitizer http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041HPH88/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1

It would be great if you guys could take a second to look at these and tell me what you think. If the parts aren't that great of quality it doesn't reall matter to me as this will just be a quick fix and sell. So please just reassure me that these are the correct parts for the repair and any tips on doing my own repair would be great.
    Thanks in Advance!
    -Sl33t

2. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

I would say, take it, it isn't that expensive. There are some bad reviews on them, I really only follow them if there is like a lot of less then 3 stars.

3. sl33t thread starter macrumors regular

4. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Good luck fixing it. (No Sarcasim intended) Use the ifixit manuals even if you do not use your their parts.

5. sl33t thread starter macrumors regular

i pretty much already know what i'm doin' i've watched quite a few tutorials on it and i already have the broken digitizer and lcd removed....i'm just waitin' to order the parts, then i'll be able to just put it back together.

6. IPODTOUCHLOVER macrumors newbie

i have some scratches on mine and want to replace it. found the same stuff you did, just nervous to do it lol

7. sl33t thread starter macrumors regular

i'm not really too nervous cuz i already have an itouch that i use now. so if i mess up the one i'm fixing then i don't really lose anything except the money i spent on parts.