MP 1,1-5,1 Repair shop, non-Apple-certified, New York City?

amccallum1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2009
Hi All. I have a 2009 Mac Pro 4,1 that won't boot. Power light comes on, but black screen. Have tried the obvious, safe start, zap PRAM, SMC reset; also tried a new graphics card, but no go. At this point it's beyond my expertise.

Does anyone know a NON-Apple-certified repair shop in NYC? it has to be NON-Apple-certified, I've checked, because the computer is so old that they will have to use salvage parts, e.g. if it's the logic board, which is quite likely. Thanks...

Eschers

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2015
Switzerland

He runs a YouTube channel about repairing computers and can do so even if its replacing soldered on components. Seems to do good work, but I have no personal experience with him or his shop.
I have watched a lot of videos on his YT channel, seems legit to me! Have seen him fixe some pretty weird and small stuff that broke in macbooks and also uncover previous bad repair jobs from other repair shops :p

ps: have not seen yet a mac pro 4,1(5,1) being diagnosed on his channel, I would call/write and ask him and maybe we see your mac pro getting fixed by him in a future video:cool:

amccallum1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2009
THANK YOU!
- - Post merged: - -

THANK YOU!
- - Post merged: - -

Will keep everyone posted!

I have watched a lot of videos on his YT channel, seems legit to me! Have seen him fixe some pretty weird and small stuff that broke in macbooks and also uncover previous bad repair jobs from other repair shops :p

ps: have not seen yet a mac pro 4,1(5,1) being diagnosed on his channel, I would call/write and ask him and maybe we see your mac pro getting fixed by him in a future video:cool:

IndioX

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2018
austria/europe
...... ps: have not seen yet a mac pro 4,1(5,1) being diagnosed on his channel, I would call/write and ask him and maybe we see your mac pro getting fixed by him in a future video:cool:

the problem is that no schematic of the macpro is available somewhere

i have two brocken backplane here but no way without schematic : -(

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2014

He runs a YouTube channel about repairing computers and can do so even if its replacing soldered on components. Seems to do good work, but I have no personal experience with him or his shop.
He doesn't touch Mac Pros. I asked him personally.

I haven't used this place personally, but they said they would work on Mac Pros: