Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greasybaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
I took my 4 month old macbook pro into the local apple store with a dead right speaker and a screen that occasionally had some issues. Now and then the back light would go out and a couple of times it had this up-lighting effect like a row of spotlights at the bottom the screen. It went in for repair and had a new screen and speaker which I'm glad to say was covered by the warranty. Having taken it home, the new speaker worked for the best part of 5 minutes before becoming as dead as the old one. That was a month ago and for the time being I've had to make do with it as I need the laptop for work. In that time the backlight has blacked out once.

In a weeks time I'm going on holiday so I can spare the machine for repairs. Does anyone have any idea if this might be more than a second dodgy speaker and a display glitch? I'd rather only have to take the thing in for repair once more.

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
Sorry to hear that. I don't have much info on what's wrong, but it sounds like more than the speaker and the display. I think if they can't fix it after 3 tries they give you new one, but maybe if you can explain you need it for work, they can exchange it next time you stop by, especially since it's got the same symptoms.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.