Repair work

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NYBoy1992, Dec 26, 2011.

1. NYBoy1992 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm a sophomore in college and because of a few incidents this year my Mac has some problems, there are 2 very tiny cracks/scratches in the screen and a dent near the power button. However I'm guessing there might be an interior dent as well. Normally I treat my computer like my baby, however because of everything that's been going on this computer (which is at most a year old) has been through some pretty rough treatment.
    I'm going to be away for a week in Mexico, is it possible to take my Mac in and leave it with them for that week and get literally everything fixed, I have the extended Applecare. There's an occasional problem with the trackpad amongst other things and I would just like to pretty much start from absolute zero again and have them just replace any problem parts or whatever. I would be fine with paying a extra because there is some damage to it, however I would like them to accept Applecare to some extent. Where would you guys suggest I take it to and how much would you say it would cost? Thanks a lot.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

AppleCare doesn't cover damage, only defects. You're not specific about what trackpad problems you're having, but if they determine that damage caused your trackpad problems, all your repairs will likely be at your expense. You can ask them for an estimate of the costs before you leave it with them.

3. NYBoy1992 thread starter macrumors newbie

K thanks a lot. I live in New York City, would you suggest I take it to Apple or TekServe. My trackpad problem is that for some reason it will stop working out of nowhere and I don't understand it. It started out of the blue not too long ago.

4. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

For the last time applecare covers defects not accidental damage. They will replace the case- for a lot.
    Top replacement- $400
    botton plate- $50
    bottom enclosure- ?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's your call, but I wouldn't entrust my Mac to anyone other than Apple.