Repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Muqy, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Muqy macrumors newbie

Hey guys my macbook pro 13" just came back from 'repair' so they call it, booted it up and it didnt have an OS.

Tried to install the os and it didnt work!
    Before i sent it off i thought it was a hdd problem this was confirmed however they either replaced it with a faulty hdd or there is another problem so its going back tommorow.

I was just wondering what i would get as a replacement if i had to be replaced. I would expect a MBP, however could i get a Macbook? I dont want a macbook i want the pro obv but could they replace the MBP with a Macbook.

Surely thats not legal?

2. simsaladimbamba, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011

simsaladimbamba

Where was the repair done exactly?
    And have you contacted the people who done it about your problem?
    And you are still not eligible for a replacement just because the OS doesn't boot. And if you are eligible, they will not replace an MB with an MB, or vice versa.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apple won't replace your computer, simply for a hard drive problem. They'll replace your hard drive. In the rare situations when Apple does replace a computer, they always replace it with the same model. They're never going to replace your MBP with a MacBook.

4. Muqy thread starter macrumors newbie

I wasnt so clear sorry for that.

That wasnt what i really wanted to do, the problem is that i cant even install mac os x. The hdd sometimes doesnt even appear.

The repair is already sorted out just waiting for the person to come collect.

What i wanted to know is it possible for Apple to replace my MBP with a standard Macbook?

Cheers and sorry for my mistake first post sorry again.

EDIT: ^ Thanks and this is the second HDD failure, the repair was a hdd replacement yet the macbook still didnt work.

5. simsaladimbamba

Apple will not replace the MBP with an MB, especially if they can just replace HDDs, which is much, much cheaper.
    To get an MB, you have to sell your MBP and buy an MB, Apple will not exchange that, unless you are still with in the first 14 days of your purchase.