Repaired iPhone won't power on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by goodfellandc, Jun 18, 2010.

1. goodfellandc macrumors newbie

I just replaced the LCD and Digitizer/Glass on my iPhone 3G. At first when I connected it, the receiver at the top of the glass didn't work when I made a call. So I took it apart again to make sure all of the connections were secure. When I did this, at first the phone took a long time to cut on. Then I reset it, it cut on but the phone was locked up. I reset it again and just got the white screen. Resetting at this point (with the home button and sleep button) didn't work. I tried plugging it in and connecting it to itunes - neither had any effect. I then disconnected the display connections and reconnected them. Now the iPhone won't power on at all. I hope I didn't mess something up.

Any assistance would be appreciated! Thanks :)

2. VTMac macrumors 6502

Sorry I can't help. But I had to post about the irony in the title of your thread. "Repaired iPhone won't power on"

Ummm .. I think it's pretty obvious it has not been repaired! :D

3. WissMAN macrumors regular

WissMAN

Suggestion

Take it (or send it:)) to a repair shop that works on iPhones. There is just not enough information provided to able to help;).

4. goodfellandc thread starter macrumors newbie

I know - I thought that was a catchy title lol Frustrating that it won't work, but I have to keep the humor level on high! :D

5. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

Agree take it to a repair shop. You have probably damaged some or all the parts you took out. A repair shop can diagnose it properly by replacing suspect parts for new. Hope you haven't damaged any of the circuit board. They will probably lift the logic board out too, so it gets a complete reboot from 'cold' by removing power to it.