Repairing Permissions error!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hypervish89, Apr 22, 2011.

1. hypervish89 macrumors regular

I tried to repair permissions and got this error: Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Not sure what to do now...

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

3. hypervish89 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, glad to hear I don't have to re-install. LoL.

4. simsaladimbamba

Five minutes? How many tabs are that? 154?
    Maybe it would be best to use one browser window for MR alone and use another window for all the other distraction websites one has to use every once in a while while using MR.

5. eurotrashjg macrumors newbie

So, I just noticed this issue. I have Lion installed, and the last application I installed was Drop Box.

I am not satisfied with the "Ignore it" solution... so what, I never have to repair permissions ever again? As thing get more convoluted in the OS, how am I supposed to clean it up?

Thanks for any and all clarification here folks, I'm bewildered.

6. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

Ignore It Really!

It's described in the links above, I get it, likely a lot of us do. It won't stop you repairing disk permissions, it's just letting you know that the file can not be restored to it's previous version....I got it straight after installing Lion. It really is safe to ignore it......Even if you do a clean install, IT WILL RETURN.

( I know, i tried) :D

7. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

I Checked My New

MBA same error message, and it's less than a week old....It really is one to forget about.

8. TwoBytes macrumors 68030

TwoBytes

mine appeared after a few months... i can locate the file. If i change read/write access to it, will it go away?

Sure, it doesn't effect anything and can be ignored but this is my new 'project' ;)