Repairing Permissions for !@#!* iTunes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sheldonsmith, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Sheldonsmith macrumors regular

Sheldonsmith

Relatively new MacBook Pro, SSD, 8GB Ram, Retina and since an iTunes update, I disk tools is unable to repair permissions for iTunes.

I have used MacTuneUp pro and Mountain Lion Cache Cleaner to attempt to fix the issue, but permission issues prevail. I attempted to delete iTunes and reinstall, but the MacOS won't let me (probably this is a Windows type of fix).

Any insights / experiences appreciated,

-Sheldon

Attached Files:

2. durkkin macrumors regular

Boot into your recovery partition (Cmd + R while booting) and try to repair disk permissions from there.

3. Sheldonsmith thread starter macrumors regular

Sheldonsmith

Great thank you. I have tried that as well, including the change password options, but selecting the repair permissions from the change password screen.

4. Count Blah, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013

Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

Weird, it's saying that it expects a directory, but you have a file instead. Can you get one of the complete line(without the ...)? If so, you could post one here and we can compare to ours.

5. durkkin macrumors regular

Hmm. What is iTunes doing with the differing permissions? Is it not letting you open it or is it issues playing tracks?

6. MacRumoren macrumors member

Same situation here, no matter how many times I repair, even repairing using Recovery partition, the iTunes permission problem keeps happening.

7. priitv8, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013

priitv8 macrumors 68020

Actually, it's not a permissions probelm, but filesystem structure problem. Something that's expected to be a directory appeats as a file.
    Haven't checked on mine, maybe it's a feature of iTunes 11?

EDIT: Just checked, and indeed, seems to be a "feature" of current iTunes itself.