Repairing white 13.3 Macbook . Almost done.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Fred87nc, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Fred87nc macrumors member

My macbook wouldn't turn on, so we stripped it down, we thought it was waster damage as I found its case kind of wet.
    After stripping it, we got the Logic board to run the fan, but the charger would go in and out. then we got a steady green light again and got into the OS from just the screen , hdd, logicboard , dc in, fan. So the Macbook works.

Now after unplugging it, we lost charge after plugging it in. So we assume its either the Magsafe DC in, or the charger.

Backstory , I bought a new charger after selling other macbook and only owning 1 charger. After turning it on with new charger, it turned on , 30 secs later, turn off and that was the end. Magsafe kept charging, but macbook wouldn't turn on. next day , no charge on magsafe.

So my latest attempt, I got a charge 3 times in a row , from taking the wall ac part off the magsafe charger , and putting back in. I got into the OS connecting the keyboard and using power button. but none of the keys worked, the caps lock wouldn't light up and trackpad

2. Fred87nc thread starter macrumors member

and trackpad wouldn't work, was this because keyboard wasnt pushed into place? just hanging above macbook, connected into logicboard. So faulty parts may be Magsafe charger,and /or magsafe dc in, and keyboard.

Also thd macbook killed my last charger which apple replaced before warranty ran out.

3. Fred87nc thread starter macrumors member

got the macbook on at athe home screen, its charging the battery, but Neither the track pad or keyboard work. and to make matters worse. usb ports dont work either, so cant use external keyboard or mouse.

What to do? It seems the computer did something, because I got a noticed saying it had the date set to before march 2001..

4. G-baby158 macrumors newbie

You will need a new top case mate, if water or anything has got into it then thats the case. Had the same with mine.