Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2ms

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2002
When I first got my iMac and set up Boot Camp I made my Windows partition a little overoptimistically small. Now that I've got all my required work software installed it's basically turning out that I really should have made it a lot larger.

Is there a way to resize without having to reinstall everything?

I remember back in my dual booting Windows and Linux days there was a program called Partition Magic that just sorta really magically, it seemed like, did whatever you wanted with partitions on the fly.

Is there any way to do this with Leopard/Boot Camp?

Matek

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
There are partitioners, similar to Partition Magic on OS X as well, I have good experience with iPartition.

There are some problems you may encounter. Firstly, you need to reduce the size of the HFS+ partition. AFAIK you can do that with the disk utility after you free up enough disk space. It sometimes throws fits if the drive isn't defragged, so you may need to use a defragging tool to move all data to one side of the partition so that you may reduce its size on the other end.

After that's done, you'll need to use iPartition or a similar tool to increase the size of the windows partition and that's about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.