repeat sms notifcations quickly

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by calvy, Oct 19, 2010.

1. calvy macrumors 65816

I had my blackberry replaced by an iPhone 3Gs for work. For my job, I get SMS alerts and need to respond to them in a timely manner. I would like to be able to set the phone to repeat an alert every 5 seconds or something until I unlock the phone and read it. This way it will wake me up in the middle of the night.

I found a script called smsnotify.sh that will apparently kind of do this, repeating alerts ever 60 seconds. But it only works when the phone is awake.

Are there any jailbreak apps available that will do this, or any way to modify the existing system to increase the rate of repeat on notifications?

2. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

A program called Notifier (developed by Spektro) used to allow this on pre-4.0 versions of iOS but it no longer works with the new firmware.

Spektro just announced two days ago that he's been developing a new version that is compatible with the new firmware and that he'll be releasing it soon.

You can read more about it here: http://modmyi.com/forums/native-iph...91-release-notifier-1-0-a-39.html#post5523230

It won't allow you to get repeats every 5 seconds, I think the smallest increment it allows is every 1 minute but it can repeat an unlimited # of times (until you dismiss it).