repeated app updates!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by senter(left), Mar 4, 2009.

1. senter(left) macrumors newbie

Hey guys

i was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing what i am. every so often (and seemingly more frequently these days) it says i have some updates for some of my applications, but when i see what each individual update is, it's old, and already has "Installed" grayed out. its really annoying me because i don't really have anything new. the only way i have been able to make it go away was just clicking "Install all" does anyone know how to fix this issue? thanks guys

2. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Just a theory, but I've noticed this happens when the App or Apple store is down (waiting for updated product info) or bogged down (such as when a killer app just comes out). Both happened recently. With Mac updates, then yesterday with the Kindle app release and considerable news cover about it. Some network techs I lunch with mentioned it happens when they move into new server range (like from home to work). It is not uncommon and I suspect Apple is working on it this very moment.

3. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

You are not alone, its happening to me all the time.

I don't think this is anything we can fix. Its Apple's update service getting its knickers in a twist.

Grin and bear it and they will fix it - eventually.

4. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Happening to me too. Probably happening to everyone. Hope they fix it soon.

5. Joetang macrumors member

yea, don't worry. I came home yesterday to 13 new app updates...

only 2 were new X_x

6. jbernie macrumors 6502a

jbernie

Add me to the list, along with issues with YouTube videos it is making for an annoying experience.

7. senter(left) thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses guys. Glad to know I'm not alone. Guess we just have to wait and hope the next update fixes it

8. niblum10 macrumors member

Started happening to me a few weeks ago. Kind of annoying, and a "skip update" option would be great, as I have two apps I have no intention of updating due to the addition of ads.