Repeated Emails

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lexus, Jun 13, 2007.

1. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

For some reason I get the same emails over and over again even though they are from May.

It is really irritating and I have no idea what to do about it.

Thanks

BTW I am using Mail.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Since you set it up, or only recently?

Make sure you haven't accidentally set up the same account twice...

and of course: Repair disk permissions :)

3. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

No it is for multiple accounts and it only started about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Hmm...I've never run across this problem, so I probably can't help, but I'm going to assume that answers to the following questions might help the troubleshooters.

Who is your mail service provider? (and if you have more than one account, does it happen with all or just one/some of the accounts?)

Are the accounts this is happening to IMAP or POP accounts?

What's the nature of these emails...could they be similar spam type emails or are they emails from friends/coworkers that you know you've received/read previously? (Also, any patterns in these emails...are you receiving all your old emails or only ones from certain addresses/or domain names?)

5. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

They are from certain MT POP accounts. They are just repeats of emails I got a while back with no correlation

6. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

I actually had a somewhat similar problem with Mail just a few weeks ago, except it was sending emails instead of receiving. There was a particularly large email (photos) which I sent to a friend, and it took something like five minutes to send. But then it reappeared in my Outbox and Mail sent it again. And again. And yet again. I tried quitting mail, rebooting, etc., but it just insisted on sending again and again. In the end, I just deleted it from my Outbox and from my Sent items, so that there existed no trace of it. That's my story :)

Not a clue what could be causing your problem though. Is Mail just re-downloading your remote Inbox over and over? Or are they random emails from the bunch?

7. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

Mine is still doing it, I have tried everything.

It is still doing it and it is getting really annoying. Has anybody else experienced this?