Repeated messages from at&t

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yescurvyswab, Sep 23, 2008.

1. yescurvyswab macrumors member

Ok, so I signed up for my online account on Sept 1, and the only 2 sms messages I received were about my temporary password, and my password being reset. 3 weeks later, at 12:52 pm, I received 3 messages. One for my account being created, and 2 identical for my email address being created. Then this morning at 8:43 am, I received the SAME 3 MESSAGES. Then beginning at 1:23 pm, I have so far received the first 2 AGAIN as of 1:40... It's getting irritating.:confused: anyone else getting this?

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

At least you can take comfort in the fact that they're all free messages... :)

I'd call em.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Sounds like a server hickup. Thankfully they were all free messages.

TEG

4. jmdfd415 macrumors regular

same thing happened to me yesterday but it was for 3 different accounts

5. yescurvyswab thread starter macrumors member

well I haven't received any More, so hopefully it's over with. They keep waking me up LOL.

6. philskillz macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I got txts saying my password was reset too. I thought someone guesses my challenge questions so I called AT&T to unregister my acct. I'm still getting txts saying my password was changed. I'll go with server glitch.

7. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

The first time I logged in to AT&T online, I got that text saying my password had been changed. I called AT&T, since I hadn't changed my password, obviously.

I got a great CSR who told me that it was a badly worded text that goes out every time the account owner changes something on their account or logs in from a different IP. :rolleyes: He said they've been getting calls about it for a long time, but AT&T still hasn't changed the wording.

8. philskillz macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Haven't been on in ages. Haven't changed anything either.

9. youdestroyme macrumors newbie

I've been getting these too the last day or so. I called earlier and they said there was something wrong with the server

10. LS2-GTO macrumors newbie

I have two phones on my account, so I was fortunate enough to get about seven of these.:rolleyes: