iPhone X Replace 8+ with XL/2/X 2018?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 4ppleg1rl, Mar 30, 2018.

1. 4ppleg1rl macrumors regular

I got the 8+ when it came out, I wasn't too keen on the idea of the X at the time. I didn't want to get a first gen iPhone but I needed a new phone at the time as my S7 was bugging out.

It might be too soon to ask as I don't really know how much info there is on the new iPhones coming this year, but is it worth switching to this years models or shall I wait another year to see a bigger improvement?

What do we already know about the new 2018 iPhones?

2. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

All we"know" and I use that term loosely is that there will be a 6.5" oled model, a 6.1" lcd model and a 5.8 oled model again. Slightly slimmer notch.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Physically, the new 2018 iPhone X models likely won’t change much in terms of hardware, but if you were interested in upgrading to the latest model, then you could wait the approximate six months.

It’s rumored there will be a 6.1 LCD iPhone with similar iPhone X features and a 5.8/6.5 OLED iPhone X.

This article explains more in detail:

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/12/29/what-to-expect-from-apple-in-2018/

4. MEJHarrison macrumors 65816

I'm not sure we even "know" that much. They're just very popular rumors.

5. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

That's why I said very loosely lolol

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Popular or not, the one specific rumor I listed actually came from a fairly reliable Apple insider with Ming Kuo. Undoubtedly, I’m inclined to believe that there will easily will be at 6.1 LCD/5.8/6.5 iPhone X in the fall. It makes compete sense Appleswill offer a cheaper version under the iPhone X with a 6.1 LCD and they will expand to a new size with a 6.5 OLED iPhone over the current 5.8 model.

7. Adam.Kb2Jpd macrumors member

Not much. The next generation will use an incremental improvement in CPU. RAM speed and size will improve.

Please take any new info as gossip with a grain of salt and enjoy what you got.

I own a 8 Plus and it is a better device than the 7 Plus. I miss my headphone jack and find the 8 Plus to be more hardy and robust. I broke my 7 Plus screen several times and was dismayed by its ability to break with small falls.

The CPU configuration on the 8 Plus is great with the six CPU core. The battery runs longer and one of my favorite things is that the speakerphone is louder.

Let Apple do their thing and see if it's what you want.

8. MEJHarrison macrumors 65816

I'm not saying I disbelieve the rumor. I'm just saying that it IS a rumor. We don't have any confirmation that Apple plans to release those three phones.

9. Samuel79 macrumors member

Just keep waiting and keep deciding and you will be here until doomsday