Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
May be a dumb question, but lets say your warranty ends on say Nov. 1st and you get your phone swapped on Oct 30th, do you get another 30 days or so with the new phone?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I thought you get something like 90 days (or at least 30 days) from the warranty replacement, or till the end of the existing warranty, whichever is longer basically.

Reactions: rui no onna

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I thought you get something like 90 days (or at least 30 days) from the warranty replacement, or till the end of the existing warranty, whichever is longer basically.

Maybe so but I have had to have one replace after 6 months and I was told that the new one had six months warranty left.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Maybe so but I have had to have one replace after 6 months and I was told that the new one had six months warranty left.
That makes sense and would be consistent with what I mentioned as that's what you still had on your original warranty (and it was the longer of the 90 days, or 30 days, or whatever a replacement comes with if you no longer have warranty or have less time remaining).

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Well you basically had a working phone through out your entire warranty period. Are you wanting them to give you an extra year just cause you got you phone replaced?

True, but for me I have an issue that i'm not sure will get worse or not if it does it will be getting pretty close to the end of my warranty period, also I don't exactly live close to an Apple store so trips are a bit limited

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
That makes sense and would be consistent with what I mentioned as that's what you still had on your original warranty (and it was the longer of the 90 days, or 30 days, or whatever a replacement comes with if you no longer have warranty or have less time remaining).

It would seem fair that they give you at least 30day, maybe someone here knows for sure.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
You get a standard 90 days. If it's close to the original warranty end period it's 90 days from when it was replaced.

Reactions: rui no onna

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012

Might be a different situation... A family member got their 6 water damaged with no Apple Care. Got a replacement under the $299 replacement. The warranty started the day he got the replacement.

lakaiordie

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2008
Might be a different situation... A family member got their 6 water damaged with no Apple Care. Got a replacement under the $299 replacement. The warranty started the day he got the replacement.
thats not true

quotes from apple's site

"A replacement part or product or a repaired Apple Product assumes the remaining warranty of the original Apple Product or ninety (90) days from the date of replacement or repair, whichever provides longer coverage for you."

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
I believe that IS a different situation. That $299 is basically getting you a new phone.

You might have checked the same day of the replacement. It normaly takes 2-3 days to reflect the warranty status of the replaced product. I have had many replacements and it assumes the original warranty or 90 days from the replacement, whichever is longer.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
May be a dumb question, but lets say your warranty ends on say Nov. 1st and you get your phone swapped on Oct 30th, do you get another 30 days or so with the new phone?
As mentioned you get 90 days which seems to be a standard practice. I've had warranty work from other companies and the replacement work was warranted for 90 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.