Replace contents of two iPhones

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by romanenko, Sep 27, 2010.

1. romanenko macrumors newbie

Hello!

I have two iPhone 3G. One which is IMEI blacklisted (not stolen, work gave it to me and then I ordered a 3GS and if I didn't return the 3G they'd report it as stolen but I wanted to keep it as an internet radio) and one that is functioning but with a broken/cracked display.

A few minutes ago I figured that it might be possible to open up the iPhones and move all the hardware from the one with the broken display to the one with the IMEI blacklist and have a fully functioning iPhone.

Can anyone tell me if this would be a fairly easy operation?

Regards
    M

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The 3G display and 3Gs display are not compatible.

3. romanenko thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh sorry, I wasn't clear enough. The above question is for two 3G phones. I ordered another 3GS from work but also have one blacklisted 3G and another 3G with a broken display.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It would be insurance fraud and I don't want any part of it.

5. romanenko thread starter macrumors newbie

No no, it's not insurance fraud. No insurance company is involved at all. Company policy is that all employees have one mobile phone only and my boss said that I could either return the old one or they would blacklist it (I used the words report as stolen in my initial post which was stupid) so that it was removed from my company profile. Should I delete the post and re-phrase myself?