Replace dying iPhone 6+ battery or buy a new iPhone 7+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appurushido, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Appurushido macrumors regular

Basically, I planned on waiting for the iPhone 8. This is the first time not upgrading on the new number cycle from the iPhone 4. Got off the online chat with an Apple genius after doing some diagnostics, he told me my battery is dying.

Those who upgraded from a 6 to a 7, worth it? Or should I replace the battery, and wait for the 8. No rhyme pun intended.

2. htc fan macrumors 6502

Replace the battery and wait for the 7s, or get it now if you really want it.

3. DcGamer05 macrumors regular

DcGamer05

I don't know I had an iPhone 6 and upgraded to the 7 plus and I am very happy. The speed increase and camera and extra RAM were well worth the update

4. Freakonomics101 macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

Agreed! The extra 1 GB makes quite a difference.

5. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Nevermind... I thought the OP had a 6S

I should read!

OP, If the devices' speed doesn't bother ya, hold out for the 7S/8 !

6. Appurushido thread starter macrumors regular

Ill probably just buy it and then resell before the release of the OLED/10th anniv/ or whatever they call the next iPhone. Have no time to change the battery. Going in a business trip tomorrow for a few weeks. The cheaper alternative would've been the battery swap. At least I'll be able to take crisper pictures haha.

7. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Get the battery replaced and save $800. I replaced my 6Plus battery and am very happy. The 7 isn't enough of an upgrade IMO.

8. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

The difference in performance between the 6 Plus and the 7 Plus is quite a lot. Three times the ram, better camera, faster processor, and a crisper display. The 6 Plus is still very good so ultimately its up to you.

9. CocoaNut macrumors member

CocoaNut

After selling my 6 a couple of months ago because I was offered good money, I wasn't sure if I wanted a 7 (perhaps a 7+) but ultimately ended getting one. Camera is wonderful, and the phone is really snappy. Happy about my purchase.

10. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

Personal opinion .. a 6 to a 7 is maybe worth it but a 6s to a 7 isn't worth it. Anything older than a 6 is definitely worth it!