Replace european iPad 2 in USA?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dakota558, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Dakota558 macrumors member

I discovered today that the dock connector on my iPad isn't working anymore (unable to charge and sync). I'm going on vaction to USA tomorrow and I will not be able to have someone to look at it here before I go (Norway). The iPad was bought in April and I got a replacement three months later because of an issue with the screen.

Will I be able to get it repaired or get a replacement if I go to a Apple store in the us?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=63.423425,10.638697

2. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

I think a few of our UK brethren have asked this very question in the past, and had no issues getting their iDevice serviced in the US, when they came here on holiday.

I know when I lived in Europe, I had no issue getting my iDevices bought in the US, serviced in the UK.

3. ruvil macrumors regular

That's the nice thing about apple, they give you the same service everywhere :)

4. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

Yep it's a worldwide warranty, so shouldn't be a problem.

5. kage207 macrumors 6502a

The only thing to note is if it is a 3G iPad. It's an unlocked device so bare in mind you need the carrier settings when you get back which you can get from your providers or a restore in iTunes on your computer at home.

Secondly, iPhones are the WORST to service internationally, bare in mind, as most Apple Store don't have unlocked replacement phones.

6. Dakota558 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies! It's a 3G iPad, but I'll be bringing my pc with me, so I should be able to restore while I'm there. I just need to remember to take the out the sim card...

7. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Any Apple store will unlock any of it's locked iPhones provided your defected unit is factory authorized unlocked.

Just had my factory unlocked iphone 4 replaced and that's how it was done..