Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
It's kinda hard for iBooks, so I can't imaging how hard it is for normal people on a Powerbook. But then again, I never even opened my computer, as you know. :D

BTW, I e-mailed you last night!

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
It's a bitch! I've just recently replaced the HD on my 12" PB (from 40GB 4200 RPM to 80GB 5400 RPM - woohoo!). Check out this well illustrated guide on what you have to do. I didn't bother and just paid somebody else to do it for me, an hour later and £20 lighter I was on my way. Much less stress.

csubear

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2003
I did it, My harddrive died, and the powerbook was out of warrenty. I put in a 100GB 5400rpm segate drive. Pain in the rear. I striped the emi finger screw, screwed up the keyboard, and my tiger dvd would not eject. But I was still able to get everything back and in one piece and working eventually.

The guide the other user posted is a good one.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
masterapple04 said:
Thanks to all. I'm only considering, but I do like to tinker... :cool:

Just make sure you have all the necessary tools before you start and whatever you do, don't lose any screws!

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
masterapple04 said:
Thanks to all. I'm only considering, but I do like to tinker... :cool:

Hey, are you going to be on AIM today? I'll tell you a story about me trying to replace my old clamshell's HD with a bigger one. It's funny. When are you going to be on?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.