Replace iCloud Account Forever

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by james341, Oct 1, 2016.

1. james341 macrumors regular

Hello

I have been living in my American iCloud account for the last 5 years.

As you understand, I have lots of data in my cloud include lots of photos , documents and more , and in my iPhone - contacts , notes and also I have Apple Music so I have lots of playlists.

I recently moved back to Israel and i have opened an Israeli iCloud account and I want to move to my new iCloud account and move the maximum I can to the new Cloud and in all of my devices : iPhone , Mac and iPad.

As I understand there's no easy way to do it and I'm here to get some advised how to make the move and make it good.

thanks in advance

2. james341 thread starter macrumors regular

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

There is no way to merge the accounts, so what you will end up doing is essentially stop using one and begin using another with all new data. What you can do it go through each app and export the data, like Contacts and Calendar, then import that data to the new account. Is that what you mean?

4. james341 thread starter macrumors regular

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

If you have them in iCloud, you are going to want to make sure they are all stored locally before you turn off the old account. Then you can turn iCloud Photos back on and push them up to the new account.

6. james341 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok so I see it possible but takes time , is there something I forgot ? Notes - possible?

7. mpainesyd macrumors 6502

mpainesyd

If you are using a Mac, go to settings/iCloud and see which items are ticked (eg Notes). You will need to manually download anything you want to keep - other than contacts and calendar, which have their own archiving function in the File/export menu.

8. james341 thread starter macrumors regular

9. james341 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok , almost finished but one last thing and it's the keychain items and all the safari passwords ? How can I do it?

10. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It is kind of a hassle... but you need to make a new temp local Keychain file them copy and paste the iCloud entires over to the new file. Then you can use that to import to the new iCloud Keychain.

https://gist.github.com/rmondello/b933231b1fcc83a7db0b

Follow this.