Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brop52

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2007
Michigan
I still don't understand how office can lag that much on an iMac. I have the 2.4 GHz machine and Office 2004 is fine. I also have 2 GB, but I highly doubt that will prevent lagging. As we have established it was your machine that had a problem and not the iMacs in general. If that wasn't the case then the new Macbook would have the same problem. Does it?

I understand that you will use the PC for gaming and your work, but if that's the case then why spend the money at all? I understand you like the operating system, but again the point would be using the OS with an iMac and using a notebook if you really needed it for other things.

airjuggernaut

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
I still don't understand how office can lag that much on an iMac. I have the 2.4 GHz machine and Office 2004 is fine. I also have 2 GB, but I highly doubt that will prevent lagging. As we have established it was your machine that had a problem and not the iMacs in general. If that wasn't the case then the new Macbook would have the same problem. Does it?

I understand that you will use the PC for gaming and your work, but if that's the case then why spend the money at all? I understand you like the operating system, but again the point would be using the OS with an iMac and using a notebook if you really needed it for other things.
I still need to use Garageband, iMovie, Final Cut and Photoshop on the mac.
Also it honestly was a Mistake for me to by the iMac in the first place. I already had a decent desktop, what I really needed was a Laptop. I haven't put Office on my Macbook yet, but when I do, Ill tell you how it goes.
And your right about the iMac, it was defective, a Mac Genius said the same thing :)

pscoble

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2006
Petaluma
Well enjoy your new MacBook I would get one if I wasn't such a fps whore :eek: Sometimes in WoW I turn all the settings down just to get like 100fps hehe

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.