Replace it or live with it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daneoni, Jul 14, 2009.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I went to my local apple store to complain about the loose LCD hinge issue expecting them to merely do a screw tightening. The genius did that but it was a no go and he told me he'd have to book it in for an LCD replacement

Now i haven't had much luck with LCD replacements in the past...usually i get something worse. It'll either have a dead pixel, be washed out (despite calibration), dimmer etc. So i was wary and told him i'd bring the machine back on friday after backing up

I currently have a 9C85 screen which i like a lot and it would suck to get something worse like the washed out version of the 9C84 or something or a screen with a dead pixel...all of which Apple will argue 'is within spec'

So i'm weighing whether to live with the loose hinge, which although occasionally annoying, is something i can live with since i'm rarely in a usage position that forces the screen to collapse. Then again maybe i should just try my luck and see what happens

What do you guys think?

2. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

You should definitely give it in for the replacement, and if you get a crappy LCD in return, complain again. After all, you're already paying for this service. May as well get the full customer satisfaction!

3. EmielS macrumors member

Agree! complain again!

4. 5280m macrumors member

You should never have to live with a defect in a machine. Complain and apple will take care of you.

5. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Yeah i figured...i'll try my luck with great trepidation

EDIT: There's no chance i'll get one of the newer screens with wider gamut though is there?