Replace keyboard with a different language keyboard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Jeff Finger, Nov 1, 2012.

  1. Jeff Finger macrumors newbie

    Nov 1, 2012
    I have a Mid-2011 13" MacBook Air, and it has an English/Hebrew keyboard. Unfortunately, this means that the Shift, Enter, tilde, and a few other keys are in places my fingers do not expect.

    Is there any way to replace this keybaord with a US keyboard? Would I have to do special things with the system software as well?

    Many thanks.
  2. TheRichboy247 macrumors member

    Oct 7, 2012
    Well the problem is with the English/Hebrew keyboard is that the keys are in different places so the unibody is engineered differently. So, no. You cannot replace the keyboard unless you replace the whole enclosure.
  3. Jeff Finger thread starter macrumors newbie

    Nov 1, 2012
    Thanks. I'll see about the possibility of replacing the enclosure (though it sounds as if that may be as expensive as replacing the machine).

Share This Page