Replace MacBook Air section with iPad

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by VforVelveta, Feb 1, 2010.

1. VforVelveta macrumors regular

VforVelveta

I think it would make more sense to replace the MacBook Air section on the front page with the recent posts from the iPad section. The MacBook Air section really has always stuck out in my eyes because its not really its own product category, i.e. Macs (split into hardware and software), iPhone, Apple TV, and iPod/iTunes, whereas the MacBook Air is really just another MacBook. I think the iPad forum would be a great replacement for the MacBook Air section since it would fit in with the rest a lot better.

2. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Maybe move MBA to MacBooks and the iPad to the iPod Touch section.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are more followers and users of MBAs than iPads, so it doesn't make sense to give iPads preference over MBAs.

4. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

5. VforVelveta thread starter macrumors regular

VforVelveta

Well, by that logic, there's probably more followers and users of MacBook Pros than MacBook Airs, so then we need a MacBook Pro section on the front page instead. My point is a MacBook Air is, at least in my opinion, just another type of MacBook, why does it get front page status to itself? As well, as the shipping date comes closer and closer, the iPad will gain more and more followers and users that I think it deserves quicker access than a single product in an already existing category.

6. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

How about not deleting anything?:rolleyes:

When the iPad is release in march 2010....then the iPad will have the honor to have it's own section in the front page.;)

7. duky macrumors 6502

Makes most sense to me. But the OP does make a good point of logic I think-- Why is the MBA the only OS X hardware with it's own front page slot?

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The whole front page needs a massive overhaul. There is just to much clutter spread out.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Because it's the only Apple laptop in the ultraportable category. The MacBook and iBook computers are the mainstream computers, with the MacBook Pro and PowerBooks as the prosumer computers (though the 13" MacBook Pro kind of blurs this).

10. duky macrumors 6502

Plausible, but then by that logic there should be a separate section for every major hardware product: i.e. desktops, laptops and this ultraportable section with the MBA.

11. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

why are you care? let apple do that. you are not a person to sell macs. I don't care whatever. anyway, I already decided to buy ipad.

12. MajorTCS macrumors regular

iPad should have own space

The iPad will be significant! It deserves a space in the "Recent Comments" section. If not now............when?

13. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

I'd like to get the MBA section on the front page removed too, make it a Notebook section.

MBA now currently have 43 viewers, MBP has 376 viewers now.

Make one Notebook and one desktop section and remove Hardware and MBA..

14. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Good point. I always noticed that it stuck out too. I know it was added because it was a new Apple product in 2008. But I think it should be replaced by iPad or removed altogether.