Replace Macbook white to black case

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by xuxanga, Sep 1, 2011.

1. xuxanga macrumors newbie

Hi there!
    I was wondering if it is possible...
    I have a black macbook core 2 duo 2.0Ghz and a white macbook core 2 duo 2.2Ghz and i wanted to know if the cases (shell) of the black fit on the white... i want to make the macbook white to turn black because the processor and graphics are better...
    Is it possible?
    Best regards,
    Luis

2. session101 macrumors regular

If I were you...i would keep your black one or sell it either way, i wouldn't butcher it just to transfer the bits. and yes they are interchangable.

I would go on eBay and find the shell of either another white macbook or a black macbook and do it, get whatever is cheap and it doesn't matter about scratches but you could paint it whatever color you want and just transfer it after...and if you don't like your paintjob or anything.,..you haven't destroyed a macbook or anything over it

get the parts..paint it...then install

3. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Possible, but not recommended. Better to sell them and buy the model you really want.

4. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I definitely wouldn't bother with this. I think that it is better to buy Black MacBook parts off of eBay if this is something you really want to attempt. It is not worth the trouble at all.

5. logana macrumors 65816

logana

So many replies and yet nobody has mentioned the fact that the Black MacBook is a 2,1 model and the white MacBook is a 3,1 (if it really is a 2.2GHz)....

The bottom cases are totally different and the logic boards cannot be swapped over from one case to the other.

It would not work so there is no reason to even consider it....