replace mainslider (unlock slider) without customize app

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by alex.180, Mar 6, 2008.

1. alex.180 macrumors newbie

alex.180

I tried pretty much all the customize versions available on my 1.1.3 iPod touch but none of them work. I was not able to find the custom one though. They actually run but nothing changes on the springboard. I checked inside the springboard app and found some of the icons but I was not able to identify the main slider icon. I want to change it and I could do it with ssh, but I don't know exactly wich icon is it inside springboard.app
    I cannot fix the png so I cannot download it and check as the fixpng droplet doesn't work on my computer for some reason.

If somebody knows wich icon is it I'll apreciate it... or maybe something I could do my customize to make it work.

thanks

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

add the following to installer sources:

http://touchrepo.com/repo.xml

this will add a modded customise to installer, I have tried it on 1.1.3 (and after changing version number) 1.1.4

you will need to check the description to be doubly sure which one your installing, the version should show up as version 1.21 (custom) 2

3. alex.180 thread starter macrumors newbie

alex.180

It seems that the custom version has been removed, so I'll have to wait a week or 2 until the spicychicken release the new customize... But you know how we are!! we need things now :D

Anyone knows wich is the icon for the slider into the springboard app? It looks like it's the only way I could change it.. for the moment.

4. alex.180 thread starter macrumors newbie

alex.180

I finally found the info I was looiking for here: http://www.hackthatphone.com/111/iphone_graphics_locations.html
    There you can find some of the paths and names for the springboard graphics. You can find the fixed PNG as well.

I post it just in case somebody was following this thread to find the same info as me.

Now I need to find a way to edit the springboard springs. If somebody knows how... I'll apreciate it.

thanks