replace movie in iDVD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by iMoverBerlin, Nov 26, 2013.

1. iMoverBerlin macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm using iMovie 09 and have published a movie to iDVD. Later I made changes to the movie and was hoping this would sync with what I had published to iDVD. But when I play the movie in iDVD it's the old versions without the changes. Is there a way to replace a movie I published in iDVD without having to spend the time publishing it again via iMovie. The movie is long and I would rather just replace what is in iDVD. Thanks for your help!

2. daybreak macrumors 6502a

Have you still got the DVD file on your computer? or the iMovie.If you have open them and edit what you need and then reburn a new DVD.

3. iMoverBerlin thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi. Yes I have both files but I don't want to have to sit through the process on re-publishing to iDVD in iMovie (which is in the Share menu). I want to just edit the project in iMovie and easily replace the old movie with the new one in my iDVD project which is already finished.

4. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

You could export the movie from iMovie and then drag that movie into iDVD in place of the old movie, but it's still going to take the same amount of time as before. iMovie will have to finalize a movie, and then iDVD will have to convert that movie to MPEG2 to burn onto the DVD.