replace my 3gs, give it to my employee?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pesos, Jun 8, 2010.

1. pesos macrumors 6502a

pesos

i have a 3gs and my employee has a 3g on our family plan.

if i get the new phone, what do i need to do in order to transfer his number to the 3gs? is that something at&t can take care of over the phone?

2. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

If she has a 3G sim card, she puts her sim in the phone. Connect to iTunes and activate. It will prompt her to add a data plan if she doesn't have one.

Done.

If she doesn't have a 3G sim, call AT&T or drop by the store.

3. pesos thread starter macrumors 6502a

pesos

so he should take his sim out of his iphone 3G, and put it in my old iphone 3GS after I get my i4?

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yes, then simply activate through iTunes.

5. dave006 Contributor

dave006

There is no need for formal activation. Both of your lines are already iPhones with the correct data plan and Visual Voicemail.

Your can just clear your iPhone "Reset > Erase All Content and Settings" and your employee can just restore his current backup from the iPhone 3G to your 3GS. If you don't clear it your contacts and apps can get mixed up.

Once your 3GS is reset, it will show the Connect to iTunes and your employee can just connect and restore his current backup. This assumes that both phones are at the same level of OS 3.1.3 or 3.0 for example.

Dave

6. pesos thread starter macrumors 6502a

pesos

i am already running the ios4 gm. we will probably just do a restore. we still need to swap the sim right?