Replace 'New' SMS Tones

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TheSarj, Jul 5, 2011.

1. TheSarj macrumors newbie

TheSarj

He there, I'm new so I wish to say hello to all. The info I've found on these forums has been more than amazing in modding my iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3.3.
    I can't seem to find my next query anywhere though so I was hoping someone could help. I changed all the sms-recieved.caf tones along with a good few more in that folder . When I go into Settings/Sounds on the phone I have the usual 6 tones but above them, since the jailbreak, I have a section called 'New'. Does anyone know where these are stored on the iPhone and also if I can just add to that folder so more new tones will come up or will I just have to overwrite them like I did with the 'Original' 6?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long winded explanation

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

The "New" sms tones are in the same folder as the sms-received tones. Instead of the original 6 being named sms-received1-6, the "New" tones are named exactly as they appear. So for the Spell or Sherwood Forest tones, you'll need to look for Spell.caf and Sherwood Forest.caf.

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

they are in System/Library/Audio/UISounds

they dont have the sms-recieved names like the original 6 there names match the name they are given in settings/sounds

example
    Choo Choo is Choo_Choo.caf

4. TheSarj thread starter macrumors newbie

TheSarj

So they are. Thanks to both of you for your help. I shall enjoy many more hours of hunting down more tones.