replace now or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by asidexo, Apr 19, 2016.

1. asidexo macrumors member

I had some unexpected problems with my old macbook come up over spring break so I replaced it with a new rmbp with the 8 gigs of ram and 512 hard drive. I had issues with programs crashing unexpectedly so I exchanged it for a new one. The laptop keeps randomly freezing even though I'm no where near using my full ram or cpu. I'm trying to decide if I should exchange it for another one, return it and get a pc, or try to make it through the last 3 weeks of the semester with my ipad and wait to see what comes out in June.

2. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

Wait until June to see what (or if anything) is announced. In the meantime, maybe make an appointment with an Apple Genius at your nearest apple store to see if they can help you with your issues with your rMBP.

3. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

4. asidexo thread starter macrumors member

The problem is my school is pretty isolated and I don't have a car/any way of getting the the apple store. I only have until tomorrow to return it and I'm just going to have to mail it out. I'm hesitant to just return it for the same model because I've had issues with two already, I don't really want to switch to PC but I'm also hesitant about typing out my final research papers on an old ipad and keyboard.

5. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

Are you running any specific program/app on both macs? wondering if there's an issue with a specific app you were using on both macs that would cause this issue as I don't think it's hardware IMO.

6. asidexo thread starter macrumors member

No apps that I wasn't also running with no problems on my 2013 macbook pro. Pretty much just safari, microsoft office, bettersnaptool, and f.lux.

7. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

8. asidexo thread starter macrumors member

Wow, I did not realize that was a thing. i'll try uninstalling the program and see if that fixes it. I never would have thought that would be a problem because I never had issues with it before.

9. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

Curious if that was the problem..let us know the results.

BTW, thanks for mention bettersnaptool, forgot I bought a long time ago but forgot about it. Reinstalled it and works great.

10. asidexo thread starter macrumors member

When I first switched from PC the only thing I missed was the ability to snap my windows to the side. The day I discovered that app I became a very happy camper.

11. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

Figured I use the new apple way to snap windows and gave up. Like I said before, I forgot I bought that program until you mentioned it. Installed it and kicking myself for not installing it sooner.