Replace Pineapple Logo ??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PlayU18, May 2, 2010.

1. PlayU18 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys.

I recently purchased an already jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 3g 8GB. I am assuming it was unlocked with Pwnage Tool because it the pineapple and Russian Steve Jogs boot/recovery logos (which I hate). I am trying to figure out if it is possible to change those logos back to the stock apple logos. It is running 3.1.2 and 05.11.07, so I don't want to lose that for the fear of losing the unlock. I attempted to use redsn0w to do this, and it seemed to be working, but after the pc onscreen instructions close, and it says that everything else is completed on the phone, my iPhone screen just stays black and shows no signs of updating or changing anything. Does anyone have any suggestions?

By the way, if it matters, I am using a windows pc. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can change them with pwnage tool but that's for macs only.
    Or go thru the whole process of restoring to official 3.1.2 and the jb with redsnow and unlock with blacksnow.

3. iFony83 macrumors newbie

It's possible without a new jailbreak. You do have Cydia right? Search for "LogoMe" and it'll let you change it to whatever from the phone itself, without a new jailbreak. Like I did:
    !!!

Attached Files:

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

LogoMe doesn't work for 3.0 and above (or is it 3.1.2 and above?).

6. PlayU18 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. I also tried LogoMe and that didn't work properly. From what I have read, it won't work with 3.0 and above.

So is there a safe way to restore with 3.1.2 without messing with the modem firmware 05.11.07. Then just re-jailbreak and re-unlock? We also bought an additional phone for my wife, and it was still running 3.1.2 and 05.11.07 and I used blackra1n rc3 and everything worked perfect. So, if I could restore everything, but keep 3.1.2 and 05.11.07, then I could just use blackra1n for this phone as well.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes ona 3G iPhone is simpler.
    Just make sure you restore to 3.1.2 and not update to 3.1.3
    or leave it alone if your not comfortable going thru all the steps.
    A boot logo that u rarelly see is not that big of a deal.