Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarbaraNP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
Quicken Essentials is now not working properly for me.
I need to find a replacement. What GOOD replacement is there for Quicken Essentials? ? iBank? Money?
I want something which can seamlessly connect to my bank and download transactions, let me categorize, give me reports
I think the day has come to drop Quicken but I do not want to trade one buggy application for another.
Suggestions welcome Thank you

Moof1904

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2004
iBank

We switched to iBank about six or eight months ago and are very happy with it. One thing we like is that we have the iBank app on our iPhones and it automatically syncs with our main iBank installation at home. This means that we can enter transactions immediately and not have to keep track of a receipt and wait until we get home to enter it. It works well for my spouse and I, who share one checking account.

We also enter credit card transactions immediately, to make it easier to balance statements when they come in. We used to wait until the statement arrived an enter everything at once, but that was a pain and didn't help us control spending.

All in all, we've been happy with iBank, and this was after using Quicken for more than 15 years.

wattsja

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
We switched to iBank about six or eight months ago and are very happy with it. One thing we like is that we have the iBank app on our iPhones and it automatically syncs with our main iBank installation at home. This means that we can enter transactions immediately and not have to keep track of a receipt and wait until we get home to enter it. It works well for my spouse and I, who share one checking account.

We also enter credit card transactions immediately, to make it easier to balance statements when they come in. We used to wait until the statement arrived an enter everything at once, but that was a pain and didn't help us control spending.

All in all, we've been happy with iBank, and this was after using Quicken for more than 15 years.

I completely agree with this post .. so another vote for iBank!

BarbaraNP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
Thank you all

Another iBank user here and I recommend it highly.

Thank you all. I am going to explore iBank
Am sick of Quicken and its crappy support, errors and frequent miscalculated downloads.

My inability to readily get support is the last straw.
Thanks

HadItWithWindow

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2008
Will iBank work for me?

I've used Quicken for Windows for years and years and Quicken2007 for Mac when I bought my Mac. I need a program that downloads daily my credit cards, bank account and stock account just like Quicken use to do. Suggestions?

My Mac HD crashed and I tried to load Quicken 2007 and simply begin downloading all my financial accounts. It will no longer function. I'm sure I have an outdated backup but I just wanted to start fresh from scratch for 2011.

Essentials does not, as I understand, download market transactions so scratch that one.

I haven't read many good things about iBank on the App store other than what I read here. In fact I haven't read too many good things about any of the financial apps yet in the Apple Store. Suggestions?

musique

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
What about stocks and mutual funds?

Would any of you please share your experiences with iBank or MoneyWell on how well they handle daily, weekly, or monthly updates for prices for stocks and mutual funds?

Do they handle stock options? Stock splits? Reinvested dividends? Capital Gains?

FWIW, I've been using Microsoft Money under Vista running under VMFusion on my Mac. Both Money and Quicken (for Windows) handle these kinds of transactions, but Money has been sundowned (plus, running two applications to run a third is a pain). Quicken for the Mac has received so many negative reviews that I'm afraid to touch it.

Thank you for your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.