Replace rMB battery or buy new 13inch MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Canadia69, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Canadia69 macrumors regular

So my battery need replacing...it lasts me barely 2h....initially I was going to pay 388 CDN$ out of my own pocket but after a LLLOONNG talk with my credit card provider, they will send me the 388$ to fix it (cc warranty extension)...

But now Im rethinking using the money to repair the battery. Im currently at the end of my first year in Software Engineering and I don't know if it would be a better idea to buy a pro instead. When using eclipse, my 12inch performs kind of badly...i get a lot of spinning beachball wheel..sometimes it freezes when I try to test my code...

But at the same time, I love the 12inch's portability...I already have back pain because of how my backpack was so heavy...a pro would not help...also I love how its small..I love that, unlike other people in my lectures, Im able to comfortably place my MB on my table and have a notebook beside it/under it...

and if I was to buy a new MBP, here in canada, the non-touch bar starts at 1900$...so I would have to spend an extra 1500$....buuttt, if I'm going to need to buy a more performent laptop in the near future, id rather spend that 388$ on a that I'm eventually going to buy..

So the main question isL Can the 12 rMB last me another 1 to 2 year? Will it be ok doing software development work like eclipse, Xcode, Visual Studio..?

what would you do?

thanks in advance

2. Mike Boreham macrumors 65816

If you decide for the MacBook Pro what would you do with the MacBook? Surely it is worth spending $377 to fix it even if only to sell it to get funds for MBP.