Replace stock wallpaper

CyberGreg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2004
SoCal
For those that might be interested...

I just replaced all the original wallpapers with my own. Just make your own 320x480 png images and number them 01.png, 02.png, 03.png, etc. Then make a thumbnail version that is 75x75 pixels and name it 01.thumbnail.png, 02.thumbnail.png, etc.

Follow all the instructions for putting new Ringtones. While you are running iPhoneInterface:

cd /Library/Wallpaper
If you ls you'll see the stock ones. Oddly enough they skip some numbers
I loaded 19 and removed the rest with the rmdir command (rmdir 22.png, rmdir 22.thumbnail.png)

Remember to upload the Services.plist file before you exit.
:cool:

Edit: Okay, between my wife's unmodified iPhone and mine I have been able to list the wallpapers to allow some 'targeted' replacements. They are as follows:

1 Water Lilly
2 Earth
3 Peacock Feather
5 Dew Cover Leaf
6 Birch Trees
7 Frog
8 Monarch Butterfly
9 Stones
10 White Flower
11 Pink Flower
13 Yellow Tulip
14 Red Rose
16 Mona Lisa
17 Monet Painting (? Not sure it's a Monet...)
18 Picnic Painting
19 Fruit Painting
20 Dots
21 Tiles
22 Wooden Figure

barkingDog

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2010
Request for a stock wallpaper image

Edit: Okay, between my wife's unmodified iPhone and mine I have been able to list the wallpapers to allow some 'targeted' replacements. They are as follows:

1 Water Lilly
2 Earth
3 Peacock Feather
5 Dew Cover Leaf
6 Birch Trees
7 Frog
8 Monarch Butterfly
9 Stones
10 White Flower
11 Pink Flower
13 Yellow Tulip
14 Red Rose
16 Mona Lisa
17 Monet Painting (? Not sure it's a Monet...)
18 Picnic Painting
19 Fruit Painting
20 Dots
21 Tiles
22 Wooden Figure
Folks,

I realize I'm bringing to life a thread from 2007.

But my attempts in finding/searching for an older stock wallpaper image has led me to this [sort of relevant post] to make a request of someone with a JB iPhone 2G handy.

In particular, I'm after Number 9 "Stones", if that's what it's called. This is a post I made in a Wallpaper thread in the iPhone main section, and has the sample image of what I'm looking for:

Wallpaper from iPhone 2G request

If this request requires a lot of time, please don't go to the hassle of digging it up; it's not that important. Additionally, I have no experience with JB'ing -- and what can/cannot be accomplished -- so I'm not sure if this request is even possible.

TIA.

barkingDog

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2010
Forums -- this is what makes 'em so great...

I'd thank you with a handshake if I could; so here's a virtual one.

Thanks much! :D