Replaced a keyboard, now I have a dark picture

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Retro Techy, May 25, 2011.

1. Retro Techy macrumors newbie

I have a macbook pro 13" that suffered a wine spillage, thankfully only the keyboard was damaged.

I've replaced the keyboard which involved taking out the logic board, new keyboard has been fitted, everything is back in place, but now I get a dark picture like the invertor or back light isn't switched on.

I've got the cover off and I'm back looking at the logic board but I can't see any obvious loose leads.
    Any ideas what could be causing this? :confused:

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

One obvious thing is the spill damage. :p

Seriously though, reseat the LVDS cable, which plugs into the logic board near the magsafe connector. Depending on the machine, there's another cable that plugs into the logic board near where the optical drive plugs in. I'm drawing a mental blank on whether that supplies power to the LED backlight or if it's through the LVDS cable. I'm pretty sure it's through the LVDS cable, and those connectors can be a bit fickle. So, don't just look at it--actually reseat it.

3. Retro Techy thread starter macrumors newbie

I've reseated the cabe several times and even scrubbed the board with an IPA solvent but I've had no luck.

Could something like the screen sensor cause something like this?

4. Detrius macrumors 68000

After scrubbing the board, you should wait a good 24 hours before trying to use it.