Replaced Back Housing-Now Dead Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ray L, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Ray L macrumors newbie

I followed the instructions on replacing back housing. I had trouble getting cable #3 back into the clip far enough. Not sure it is far enough. Any ideas on how to tell what has happened. No response at all to power buttons.

2. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

the only thing would be to open it back up remove the motherboard and then put it back in going slowly and making sure everything gets connected properly.

3. teezee09 macrumors member

What phone is this - guessing a 3g or 3gs? I second the previous poster's suggestion. Open it back up, remove every thing and carefully place it back making sure everything is firmly connected. Pay close attention to the battery and the 3 connections from the glass/ display to the logic board.
    If you're questioning if you got #3 in far enough, I like to use a piece of tape (I use kapton but scotch tape will work also) to firmly secure those pesky zif connectors. With the locking bar up and unlocked, seat the cable, then place a piece of tape on the ribbon cable to get a good grip and pull the connector all the way in.