Replaced Battery 15" rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fenderbass146, Nov 2, 2016.

1. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

So going into last week I was ready to open my wallet and get a new MacBook but after seeing it was going to be a $500 premium over the last year entry level 13" retina (referring to the model with the touch bar. The model without should have been cheaper or not even made.) I said no thanks...my biggest issue with my 2012 retina was the battery. For years I assumed the only way to get it replaced was buy Apple and it was impossible to do yourself. However today I can gladly say I have a brand new batter in my laptop for under $50 that took me about 45 minutes. Its awesome and like a new laptop...I bought this laptop used so I never got to experience what it was like originally.

Just thought I'd share.

2. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

Glad to hear it! My battery has 454 cycles and 85% health so I think it's good and I think I will keep for two years.

Did you had staingate problems with your macbook ?

3. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

By that do mean burn-in? Because yes I did. I ordered a screen off eBay for like $200 to fix that issue a year or two ago and sold the one with burn-in for $150.

4. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

No no. I reffered to that problem when the anti-reflex coating is peeling off. XD But I guess you didn't have that problem.

5. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

I have not...wish I did so I could have gotten my screen replaced.