Replaced broken iPhone at Apple Store, got a refurbished one in return?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Usodarake, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Usodarake macrumors newbie

My old iPhone had problems with its speakerphones so I went to my local Apple store and had it replaced. The guy at the store promptly got another iPhone out and replaced my SIM card into it and I was outta there in 15 minutes.

I started using the iPhone right after I left and I noticed a few things that made me think my replacement was not new. First was that the battery was at around 60% when I first turned it on. Second, I never set a voicemail password before but now it prompts me to enter a password when I try to access my voicemail. I dont know the password so I still cant access it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Yes, but that doesn't mean it's refurbed. Battery capacity is all over the map on new units from 20% to 80% so that means squat. As for the VV password, it's probably something you provided AT&T at some point and forgot as I believe VV is tied to your account through your SIM card.

3. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

yah, variance in battery life out of the box and VM password not being accepted doesn't mean it's a refurb unless it truly is someone elses VM PW being asked for. I doubt that's the case, if you have your SIM chip in there there should be no reason for the phone to prompt you for a VM PW for someone elses number.

4. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

IIRC the VM password default is the last 4 of your number, unless you set up a different one.

5. xA4Hx macrumors member

Actually I was in the moves and thought I had to re-entry my password but it did something werid but I think it was because of me not connecting to ATT. I call and ask what the password was and after some communication and they reseting it , they told me the default is 10 digit phone number I am guessing only for the iphone.

-illusion

Ps. I know it usually is 4 digit number for most things , but I believe it might be 10 for this thing.