Replaced cracked iPhone 5s now screen won't rotate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mnl1121, Jan 12, 2015.

1. mnl1121 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I replaced my gfs cracked iPhone 5s screen a couple of days ago. After I closed it all up we realized the screen no longer rotates and the compass doesn't work. We tried doing a soft and hard reset with no luck. I've been searching around and can't find where the gyroscope actually is in the phone. I don't think I touched it. I only followed the directions on ifixit and the only thing besides the display that I had to touch was the front camera assembly. Does the gyro reside somewhere in there?

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I believe the gyro is an actual chip on the logic board. The accelerometer is the actual part that senses the screen rotating however.

3. mnl1121 thread starter macrumors newbie

I believe you're right. That's what it seems like I'm finding out as I do research but I still can't find a concrete answer. I do believe you're right though in which case begs the question, how did it all the sudden break?

4. nox5 macrumors 6502

Here

Attached Files:

5. mnl1121 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks nox5! Wow so not only are they encased in chips, but they are on the underside of the logic board. I didn't come close to touching them.